Thursday, February 19, 2015

Simple Vacation

 006

Last weekend Mike and I had a babysitter for the kids and were able to get away for a few days. It's been a looooong time since we went away for a weekend. We just drove two hours and stayed in Ohio. We didn't really have plans... other than to relax and spend time together.

Our first stop was at a Panera near our hotel to visit with my friend Mary. She was a camper when I was a counselor at a summer camp years ago... YEARS AGO. She found me on facebook a few years back and well... I know they say you aren't supposed to have favorites but sometimes you just can't help it... so I added her and she is just as awesome as an adult as she was as a kid.

001

We took a really lame tour of a chocolate factory. It probably wouldn't have been lame if the areas we saw actually had something going on in them. Apparently everyone was pulled from the lines to go work on chocolate covered strawberries in a part of the factory we couldn't see. But the free samples were really good!!!

We took one day and headed to Cleveland. We went to the aquarium... which I have to say that our aquarium in Pittsburgh is better. :) After the aquarium we went to the rainforest which was actually really nice! And there was a baby orangutan. So cute!

002

003

005

007

008

009

013

Most of our time was spent relaxing, watching movies and playing games. It was just what we needed! We ate out for all our meals and we did go to see Old Fashioned. I won't lie and say it was the most amazing movie ever... but I did like it. It was a cute and sweet story. Definitely worth seeing!

It was nice to get back home and see the kids and eat my own food... but this time next week I'll be on vacation number two! I'm going to Louisiana for a week to visit my bestest friend ever! Can't wait. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...