Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Louisiana Vacation - Nottoway Plantation

 145

I love touring old homes so when we had a day that was supposed to rain but didn't I was excited when we decided to go check out Nottoway Plantation. We had debated about whether or not we wanted to pay $20 to get a tour of the home and I am so glad that we decided to do that because it was a beautiful home, we had a great guide and it's always neat to hear the stories.

Nottoway was finished in 1859 and owned by John Randolph, who was a sugarcane farmer and had 11 children with his wife. The house has been renovated over the years and has had several different owners but it is still decorated with time pieces and is a stunning home! I know I already said that if Mike ever wants to marry me again it will have to be at the other plantation that we visited... but when I saw this one I changed my mind. :)

You can even stay at Nottoway! I thought it would be so cool to get a room and spend a night with Mike sometime in the future... and then I noticed that the beds were short and he would likely be bothered by the fact that his feet hung off the end. Maybe they aren't as short as I thought they were... but they certainly looked short! The beds we saw had the original bed frames that were put in the house when it was built. They were beautiful!

Anyways... You can read more about Nottoway at the link in the first paragraph or on wikipedia. I'm going to show you far too many pictures... because they actually let you take pictures on this tour!!

 154

144

146

150

151

155

156

Original chandelier...
158

The next pictures are of the white room... I want a white room... and ridiculously high ceilings and doors. 

163

165

166

167

170

169

172

Original doorknob... so cool! I like it. 
174

You could stay in this room..
177

178

179

180

182

184

187

188

189

190

193

148

195

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of things about this home that need to end up in my dream home! I loved visiting Nottoway Plantation.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...