Monday, April 27, 2015

Whole 30 Lunch Ideas

I recently posted about why I believe in Whole30 and some ideas for Whole30 breakfasts. I'm still sticking really close to Whole30 eating because I found that too many things bother me and I just feel better when I leave them out of my diet... and when I say diet I really mean change for life.

With only changing my eating since the beginning of the year (still trying to motivate myself to add in the exercise) I have lost 22 pounds. I've dropped a pants size and need to go try on the next size down again. My clothes are big and ones that haven't fit in forever fit again. It's nice.

Anyways... coming up with what to eat can be one of the hardest parts of being successful with a Whole30 so here are some things I like to do for lunch...


Chicken Salad
This is similar to something that Panera Bread serves on a sandwhich. I'm sure that Panera's is not Whole30 even without the bread so here is how I make it at home:
Cook and cut up chicken.
Add some Whole30 mayo.
Slice grapes.
Sliced almonds.
Mix it all together and eat. It's delicious!


Chicken Apple Salad
This is what I have most days.
Cook and cut up chicken.
Lettuce
Raisins
Sliced almonds
Cut up apple
Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

If you get tired of lettuce and want to mix it up, this also goes real good with broccoli slaw instead of the lettuce. Broccoli slaw is also a good way to get more veggies.


Tuna
Walmart has a brand of tuna that is W30 compliant. Most tunas have traces of soy but Wild Oats Organic tuna is ok. I like to mix my Whole30 mayo and salsa in with the tuna.

For salsa, many have added sugar but Wild Oats Organic brand once again saves the day! (Found at Walmart and it's only $2!!!)




We really don't have a lot of variety in our lunches. Leftovers are always good. You can make egg salad, potato salad, deviled eggs. Lots of veggies. Lots of salads.

What do you eat for lunch when doing a Whole30?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...