Thursday, April 16, 2015

Whole30 - Breakfast

Breakfast.
In the past I would eat a bowl of cereal... and I would have to eat a whole lot of it to feel full. And then I would be hungry long before it was actually time for lunch. That doesn't happen when I do the Whole30. Instead, I eat a good breakfast and don't feel hungry again for hours.

So what does breakfast look like for me when I am doing Whole30?

Most days it is two eggs and some sausage. Sometimes I'll have a small piece of fruit and I should probably add some veggies... but that's more work and I'm just not ready to do that much work that early in the morning. (I hate cooking.)

Breakfast sausage recipe:

1 lb turkey
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sage
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of nutmeg
1/4 tsp oregano
Optional - dash of garlic powder

Mix everything together. Divide into small patties. Cook in a skillet.



Mike enjoys something we'll call a Whole30 "cereal". The link I have is broken so I'll just have to explain it for you...  It's a sliced up banana, coconut milk, pecans and unsweetened coconut flakes. Warm it in the microwave. He also adds either cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder to mix it up. I don't like coconut so I haven't tried this but Mike has it often.

Walmart has unsweetened coconut.


The coconut milk that is compliant can be found in the baking isle of Walmart. This is the kind that Mike found...



We love to buy our nuts at Aldi. Most are Whole30 compliant but you still have to read the ingredients as some are roasted with peanut or sunflower oil.


I have also found that I have to check the ingredients on spices.

My last breakfast tip is this... hard boiled eggs. Because there will be mornings where I just can't stand the thought of cooking or I run out of time for it. But if I have hard boiled eggs in the fridge I will have something quick and easy.

I hope that helps some of you that are doing or considering doing a Whole30!
Do you have any Whole30 breakfast meals or tips?


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...