Monday, May 11, 2015

Dealing With Life

Last week was a tough one for me. Wednesday evening the school board voted on consolidation. Unless we can find a way to stop it in the next month my school will no longer be a school. Since the school is directly across the street from my house this will change my life in so many ways. My neighborhood will not be the same and depending on who purchases the building it could just destroy my neighborhood.

So to say I left the board meeting feeling defeated and depressed is an understatement. I cried for hours. My heart feels crushed... loss of what I love plus loss of a dream. (I moved here with purpose and that purpose could cease to exist real soon.)

I woke up on Thursday and cried some more. I couldn't stop. The tears still come from time to time. There is so much to grieve. Yet at the same time I have to stay strong for my kids. Life is unfair like that.

We all have our own ways of dealing with life when life hurts.

For me... it's alone time... outside... with my camera. I sent the kids off to school on Thursday and went to one of my favorite parks to see what nature was up to. The quietness of being in the woods, the surprise of nature's beauty as I rounded each bend, the click of the camera... it's a much better way to spend a depressing day than laying in bed. :)

001

003

004

002

005

006

007

008

010

009

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...