Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Last Day of School Party

Last year I began a new tradition. I had decided to have a Last Day of School Party and it went so well and was so much fun that I told the kids we would do it every year!

Last Thursday was the last day of school with a 12:00 dismissal. We all picked our kids up from school and headed to the park to party!!

I like to keep things simple so I offered to make sloppy joes and asked everyone else to bring a dish. A friend helped me decorate our pavilion while the kids were at school with some very simple decorations. Adding color made it feel more festive and fun! I decided to have it at the park so I wouldn't really have to plan the fun... the kids could just all play.
 
We ate good food, had good conversation and the kids had a great time!

001

It was a super hot day so I filled up a bin with water and water guns from the dollar store (thank you Pinterest for the idea) and I also filled up a cooler with popsicles. The kids ate them all... an entire cooler full of popsicles.

026

016

I wanted to do a party favor and after a day of thinking I came up with this...

010

We have a Little Free Library and I have a stash of books in my attic. I grabbed a bunch of books and made up the favors and told the kids to take one of each. Most of them were actually pretty excited about getting to pick a book!

011

012

 008

Of course, no party is really a party without some photo fun. :)
(These photo props came from the Walmart party section and were pretty cheap.)

031

036

041

 048

Good times!
Good friends!

Can't wait to do it again next year!!!



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...