Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Niagara Falls, NY - At Night... with Fireworks

 307

On the Friday of our trip to Niagara Falls we spent 13 hours at the state park. It's the day that started with Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds and rides on the trolley. We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and then stayed until the lights came on. We had also found out that there were fireworks at 10:00... so we made our way to the observation deck, watched the lights on the falls, tried not to freeze because the breeze was strong, and talked with some strangers as we waited for the fireworks.

The fireworks started at 10pm sharp... and they were over six minutes later. We laughed. It was so short... but we are glad we stayed because we only get to see fireworks over the falls once in a blue moon. Literally. Because it was the night of the full blue moon.

We loved seeing the falls at night! And it was my favorite time to photograph them. During the day it was too bright and I couldn't get my shutter speed slow enough for the milky looking water photos. As the sun went down though, I was able to get the settings I needed and the photos I wanted. I had my monopod with me for when the sun fully went down and the lights came on. (I definitely recommend a monopod over a tripod simply because of the crowds. I tripod would have been difficult to set up.)

So the fireworks were short, but it was a great way to finish off a long day of exploring Niagara Falls State Park.

130

131

133

137

138

141

143

144

145

146

200

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...