Monday, August 10, 2015

Niagara Falls, NY - Cave of the Winds

 022

When we decided to go to Niagara Falls, we decided that we were going to do it all. The Discovery Pass was a great deal and included Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Niagara Adventure Theater, Aquarium of Niagara, Niagara Gorge Discovery Center and a day on the trolley.

I already shared about our adventure on Maid of the Mist and immediately after doing that we caught the trolley to Goat Island and did Cave of the Winds.

I love that Cave of the Winds gave us sandals to wear. Of course, it was absolutely necessary because of this...

082

What I love about all the different things at Niagara Falls State Park is that we got so many different views and experiences with the falls. There were plenty of places we could walk to that allowed us to view the falls up close, from farther away and from the top. Maid of the Mist took us in front of the falls, and Cave of the Winds allowed us to stand right under them and look up.

I was once again blown away by the hugeness of the falls and the power of them. To stand below them and feel the wind and the water pelting us was definitely an experience I'm glad we paid for!

 084

086

I just had to distract my mind and not think about the force of the water and the fact that I was standing on a wooden walkway built over rocks and I'm not quite sure how they secured the supports. It was a constant mental stream of "just don't think about it!" running through my mind.

 068

If you visit Niagara Falls, NY, I highly recommend that you take the time to do Cave of the Winds!  And remember, if you are also going to do Maid of the Mist and happen to be wearing sneakers or other shoes that do not dry quickly, do Cave of the Winds first so you can keep the sandals on and keep your sneakers dry!

 023

062

063

064

065

069

071

074

075

076

077

079

083

087

088

092

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...