Saturday, September 12, 2015

Soccer!!

I managed to survive last week... the week when everything started. School, work, soccer.

Ahhh... soccer. :)

I played soccer all the years of growing up. I love soccer. It's my favorite sport.
But somehow I managed to have nothing to do with it for the past too many years.

That has changed and the game is back in my life again and I'm oh so happy about that!

With all the school changes, I started asking people how they meet people at a huge school. I was told to sign the kids up for soccer because they will try to put kids from the same school on the same team. Well...that kind of worked out but it's not a big deal because WE ARE PLAYING SOCCER!!!

This is the first year for both Liza and Jason and they both have a ton to learn. They'll get there... because I will teach them.

After getting the kids signed up I received email after email asking for coaches. Eventually I figured I might as well... I'd be hanging at the fields during practices and games anyways. It's not like it was going to take much more of my time. And I knew the game and technique and would actually be able to teach the game to the kids. So I agreed to coach Jason's U8 team and it's the best decision I have made in a long time!

I met my team on Tuesday for practice and what a fun group of boys!
Today was our first game and I was just loving being a coach and encouraging the kids on the field. In fact, I was having so much fun that I didn't even care that it was only 60 degrees and raining. Jason did great and gave all positions a try. He stopped several goals as goalies, prevented more on defense and scored a goal on offense. Not bad at all for his first ever game!

I did not coach Liza's team because one team is enough... but man was it fun to watch her! She has no clue how the game works but she got on the field and ran her little heart out. And then she played goalie...because she wanted to. I had given her a few tips the night before and I just loved watching her play and use the things I taught her.

I have a feeling we'll be doing family practices at the park quite often this fall. It only took a week for all of us to fall in love with the game!

002

003

005

006

007

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...