Saturday, October 3, 2015

Cold and Rainy... Soccer Goes On!

It was only 45 degrees and raining, but the games still went on.

I'm not gonna lie... I kept checking my email hoping for the one that said "Games are cancelled. Stay home. Stay dry. Stay warm." But it never came, so we got ready, and I headed out the door with Jason for his 8:30am game.

Thankfully the rain stopped for the first half of the game, but just after halftime the rain came and man was it cold! The boys were troupers though and kept playing hard and giving it their all, even though they were wet and freezing. I'm so proud of my team! We may not win... or even score any goals... but they are learning and I watch each individual improve a little more every week!

But let me just talk about Jason for a little bit... because he's mine and I LOVE watching him play!!!

Jason.
He's 7 1/2.
Second grade.
This is the first time he has played any kind of organized sport.
His first year playing soccer.

When I signed him up I wasn't sure how it would go. Jason is competitive, but I wasn't sure if he would have any skill.

Well Jason surprises me every week.
He's a natural!!!
His mind just knows where to be and what to do.

He plays defense and does really well.
He plays offense and does well there too.

Jason hustles and never gives up. He loves playing the game and I can't wait to see what another year of practice does for him!

002


And a story that demonstrates that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and secretly makes this former soccer playing mom very proud...

Last weekend we played a team that just outplayed us the entire time. They probably scored about fifteen goals to our none. My boys were exhausted from running after the other time for 50 minutes. We lost and they knew it. When we got home I told Jason that our goal is to improve enough to score on them ONE TIME the next time we play them. He thought that was good... and then he took it up a notch.

When he got home from school on Monday he told me, "I saw a boy at school that was on the other team and I told him that next time it's going to be the opposite!"


Go get 'em boy!!

And please... PLEASE keep wanting to be a soccer player forever!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...