Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Home Improvements - Painting the Steps

When we bought the house, the downstairs and the stairs had dark green carpet. We left it and had it cleaned because we didn't have any money left to replace it.

Eventually the carpet had to go. We tore it up and had a good laugh at what was under it.

15303506636_5a6471dcbd_z

100_3386-001

The plan was to paint the steps to keep things cheap, but it took me over a year to actually get to it.

Last week I finally got around to painting. Mike was a big help. We repainted the walls and banister to freshen things up. And then I took a few days to get the stairs painted. My only bathroom is upstairs and I painted the landing at the top, so once I painted I had to leave for the day. Two days of that was enough. I'm so glad to be done and I LOVE the final result!

001

002

003

The only thing left to do is to paint the small piece of trim on the middle of the wall upstairs... but it might take me a year to get to that. :)

We found the treads at Home Depot and they work perfectly with the colors we have in our house. I just need to staple or tape them down.

In the end it turned out to be a nice, cheap update. ($70) I'm going to see how the paint holds up. If it lasts and doesn't get all scratched up, I will also paint my bedroom floor. We'll see!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...