Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Photography Journey

Every morning I read through my facebook memories. It's interesting to look back and see what has happened over the years. This morning I realized that seven years ago today I got my first DSLR camera.

It was a long, painful wait to get that thing. I had to save up the money to buy it... and there are priorities in life and some things came up that needed to be paid for first. Oh! It was debt. I had to get out of debt first. THEN I could buy my camera.

While I was waiting to get my camera, I got to watch as others got them as gifts. I'll admit I got a little jealous from time to time, but I always got over it and kept working toward my goal... while wishing someone would gift me a camera. :)

7 years ago today I got that camera and I enjoyed it! Probably more so than I would have had I got it as a gift.

Over the years I read books and took online classes and took a million pictures. Truly... I took so many that I wore it out! I learned how to shoot in manual and started doing photo sessions, and eventually weddings.

This year I did a lot less business with my photography because it's just a lot of work. But I still LOVE taking photos and preserving all of our memories. And it's still a lot of fun to do a few sessions or weddings a year.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the years....

IMG_7385 copybw

IMG_2402 copy

5-26-2013 malory tyler 2

IMG_2454 copy

IMG_5499 copy-001

IMG_6364 copy

300

188

107a
The brides brother serves our country and was not able to be home for the wedding. Mom is holding the device and brother is watching through skype. So much going on in this photo!

005

172

4th of July

IMG_2180 1

IMG_2400 copy

IMG_2312 copybw

002

144

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...