Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Traditions

 IMG_1925 copy

I'm not sure why or when I started my Christmas tradition... but I love it! And it all happens on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve is a day for family. Every year we buy a new family game and the kids get to unwrap it in the afternoon and we play. After we play the game they get to unwrap the new movie we bought. We watch the movie while eating appetizers for dinner.

At some point we also open our gifts that we got for each other. We give the kids each $30 to spend. They buy gifts for me, Mike and each other. It's pretty cute and they have a great time shopping and then opening their gifts!

It's all simple.
It's fun.
Everything is meant to bring us together as a family.

This year we are adding two more things. In the morning we will start a puzzle and work on it throughout the day. And then we will end our night by sitting together reading our books. (I keep seeing something on facebook about the Icelandic tradition of books and decided I needed to incorporate it!)

I'm really looking forward to spending the day with Mike, Liza and Jason and just being lazy around the house. Unfortunately Mike has to work till mid-afternoon... but at least he has a winter job and after tomorrow will be off until January, so I guess I can't really complain!

Christmas Eve is my favorite.

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

 IMG_2709 copy

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...