Thursday, January 21, 2016

Making Blankets

I kind of enjoy the process of making blankets.
I start out wondering why I ever decided to start such a big project.
About half way I get really excited because that's when I really start to see it all coming together.
By the end I'm ready to just. be. done. and once again wondering why I decided to take on such a big project.

But when it's done!!! That's when it is fun.

This past year I had kept seeing mermaid and shark blankets on the internet. They are a big deal right now, and no wonder! They are ridiculously cute and fun!

I made the decision to make these blankets for Liza and Jason for Christmas. The problem was that in order to keep it a surprise I could only work on them after they were in bed or during the day while they were at school.

I finished with two days to spare!

The kids love their blankets and that makes me happy!

122

My heart just about burst when I went to tuck them in and found them both snug in their new blankets. They use them every night now.

060

061

And when this came home in Jason's folder...

001

Translation: I opened one of my presents and it was a shark blanket. I also got a kindle it was my favorite present.

I'm currently working on an afghan for a customer and it's turning out amazing!! After that is finished I'll be making mermaid blankets for two of my nieces. I think the mermaids are my favorite!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...