Sunday, January 3, 2016

Move Reviews... Inside Out, Home, Shaun the Sheep

This past week we watched three movies that were made for kids that we hadn't yet seen... Home, Inside Out, and Shaun the Sheep. Here are my thoughts on each...




Inside Out

This movie was colorful and cute to look at. It had some adorable characters and some cute moments. Overall though... it was sad. An hour and a half of mostly feeling sad. Sadness is an ok emotion to feel while watching a movie, but I don't think any of us really loved this one. Too much sadness. Not enough happiness and joy. It's not one that my kids are asking to watch again.



Home
This one was on Netflix and I have a feeling it is going to get watched often in our house. It's annoyingly adorable. It's cute and quirky. We often found ourselves enjoying a good laugh. My kids are already repeating a few lines that they heard in the movies... like, "I put my hands in the air like I just do not care." I heard Jason yelling that in the shower after watching the movie. Oh to be a fly on the wall! Anyways... Home... cute, happy, annoying, fun! We liked it a lot and will likely add it to our collection after it's no longer on Netflix.



Shaun the Sheep
I was hesitant about this one because I hadn't heard anyone at all talking about it. I kept seeing it as I scrolled Redbox and had no idea what it was about. So I asked Facebook and a few people said their kids enjoyed it. We rented it, watched it and OH MY GOSH!!! WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS MOVIE MORE!?!?! We loved it! LOVED IT! It's a "silent film". Great music, grunts and noises, no talking. It's cute. It's clever. It's seriously funny! We laughed a lot. The humor in it is great! It's a clean movie (rare!) and not a thing in it that I could complain about. I am pretty sure that it is my new favorite family/children's movie and I will soon be purchasing it. We all sat on the couch with warm fuzzies and happy hearts as the credits rolled and I said, "Let's watch it again!" (We didn't.) If you haven't seen this movie, rent it tonight! Sit, relax, watch and enjoy the new greatest movie for kids. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...