Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I Love Gardening!

I grew up working in a greenhouse.
I didn't really like it.
I also had a bad habit of accidentally killing any plant I ever had.

So logically I figured I wouldn't be any good at gardening.

Turns out I was wrong.
I'm good at gardening, and I enjoy it!

I think this is my third summer of having my own garden. I started small just to see if I could actually grow something and not kill it. I had success so I planted more the second year. This year I have even more. I don't know if I can get much more of a garden in my yard... I live on 1/10 of an acre. My yard is tiny. But I make it work.

This year I am growing snap peas, parsley, mint, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and beans. This morning I picked this out of my garden...

001

I love my garden.
It's therapeutic.
I check it first thing every morning.
I pull all the weeds.
I make sure everything has the support it needs to continue growing.
I water it.
I look to see what is growing.

I have a second garden at my in-law's. It makes me sad that I can't see it every day. It doesn't get the love the my little garden in my yard gets, and I just hope it produces some good food for me!

There is something fulfilling about planting a seed (or a starter plant) and watching it grow to the point where it produces food that I can eat.

My gardening goal for next year is to use one of the free community garden plots and plant lots of cucumbers. The goal also includes learning how to make my grandma's most awesome pickles so I have something to do with all the cucumbers that I grow.

Do you garden?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...