Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Whole Family Whole30 - Notes on Week 2

Day 8
*I had a total meltdown while cooking dinner. I was just overwhelmed with stress and I didn't realize how involved dinner was... and I lost it for a bit. But dinner turned out to be sooo good! A casserole... and it's been a loooong time since I've had a casserole.
*Liza realized that she had a small cheat yesterday. She didn't even realize it until today. Her math teacher rewards with mini laffy taffy. Liza said as she looked at the container of laffy taffy today it came to her... she ate one yesterday. I love that she was honest and it's also kind of funny that it took her an entire day to realize that SHE ATE A PIECE OF CANDY ON THE W30! :)
*I was really tired today. I hope the energy phase hits soon.
*I am wearing clothes that I wouldn't have dared to wear a week ago. It's amazing how different I feel without all those pounds of bloat!


Day 9
*Liza had a dream that she was eating a piece of cherry pie and realized that it wasn't something she should eat on w30... so we decided she could eat half of it and then it would only be half cheating.
*Me and Mike were discussing how well Liza and Jason are doing. It seems they have just accepted that this is what we are doing. They rarely talk about foods they wish they could have and they don't ask for snacks anymore. I believe it's because our meals are fulfilling and they don't feel like they need a snack.


Day 10
*One of the things I wasn't looking forward to was having to get breakfast for the kids every morning. They were always so good about getting a bowl of cereal or a bagel or making oatmeal on their own. I'm happy to report that they are back to being independent at breakfast! They have both learned to make the banana breakfast on their own and Jason makes his own eggs in the microwave. (It's how Mike does it and that's how Jason likes them now.)
*We had an interesting conversation today...
JASON: I can't wait until we can eat real food again.
ME: What do you mean? We ARE eating real food.
LIZA: Real food like pizza!
JASON: And bread. And cereal. And stuff like that!


Day 11
*Jason was invited to a play date today where there would be pizza and snacks. We ate lunch before we went and packed some w30 snacks so he would have something eat when everyone else ate.
*I've been liking having meals in the crockpot this week. Makes dinner time a lot easier.
*I can not tell at all if Liza's eczema is improving or not. Of course, it's still early in the plan so we'll just keep watching it.


Days 12 and 13
*Nothing to report. W30 is starting to feel normal around here.


Day 14
*While I can't really tell what is happening with Liza's eczema, I have noticed something else. She also has molluscum. We were told this is a virus and... basically it look like pimple type spots. Near her armpit. And it was spreading. We were also told that there is nothing you can do to treat it and it could take up to two years to clear up! BUT!!!! It's going away! Ever since starting the diet it's like they are just drying up and going away. There are some molluscum spots in the middle of her eczema and I read that eczema sometimes forms around molluscum. Those spots are getting smaller as well so we are anxiously waiting to see what happens as the molluscum continues to clear up.
*Today was a fun mail day for Liza and Jason. They got cards of encouragement and $5 from their grandma and grandpa for doing so good with such a tough thing. They also got tea and a note from a friend of mine that wanted to encourage them. They were so excited and immediately made some tea! They enjoyed having a flavorful drink... because sometimes water gets old.


001


Some recipes we loved this week...
Chicken Zoodle Soup
Roast in the crockpot
Turkey, Broccoli, and Mashed Cauliflower Casserole
Chicken Apple and Sweet Potato - Crockpot meal, the kids didn't really like it but I thought it was good!

Frozen grapes are a great snack.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...