Sunday, March 5, 2017

Why I Joined the Gym

I've been in a tough place lately.
Worn out.
Almost depressed.
Emotionally exhausted.

I have learned that it is important for me to put things on my calendar that get me out of the house... especially during the winter.

This winter has been extra tough and I knew I needed to make some real changes and add things to my day... daily... or I might just lose my mind.

So I joined the gym.

It's been working out really well! (Considering it's only been a week and a half!) I am a morning person and I am now able to go as soon as the kids get on the bus for school. I'm at the gym by 8am. I love going at this time because I can get in a good workout and still have the entire day left. It's also pretty empty at this time.

I think it was the perfect thing to add to my life. I was feeling quite lazy and weak and wanted to change that. My gym goal is not to lose weight... but to add strength and flexibility. The weight loss will come with changing what I eat.

So I go to the gym. I feel better already... Emotionally better because I am taking care of myself. Physically better because I am challenging my body. I am starting my days right. Getting up and out. Being social. And from there I usually just keep going... working through my to-do list and being productive instead of spending the entire day on the couch in front of whatever Netflix show I'm binging. (Currently Jericho.)

I look forward to my time at the gym.
I'm proud of myself for taking a positive step instead of letting life completely overwhelm me.

I think this new routine might just stick!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...